We assess the value of assets against their fair market resale value. Depending on the type of asset and the ease with which it can be sold, we will lend up to 70% of the resale value of the item.
We work with a series of specialists and industry databases to ascertain the market value of items. The sources vary depending upon the category of asset. We will happily share with you how we arrive at our estimate of your item’s value.
When looking at jewellery, we take into account such factors as:
- Metal gold, platinum, silver
- Purity of the metal. Gold is measured in the UK in 9ct, 14ct, 18ct, 22ct, 24ct
- Brand name – genuine high-end brands add resale value to items
- Weight – the amount of precious metal in the item
- Hallmarking – does the item have a recognised hallmark
- Diamonds, rubies and precious stones stones – size, clarity, colour and cut
- Certificates for diamonds where available
- Condition – is the item in good condition and can it be resold or will it require work
- Premium brand such as Omega, Cartier, Rolex, Patek Philippe and Tag Heuer
- Antique pocket watches can be referenced in auction histories and the case will play a factor – purity of gold, condition etc.
- If you still have the original box and papers for a watch it will add to its value